Tuesday, April 24, 2012

How I got talked into watching 2 year old Twins


I accidentally volunteered to watch my sister’s two year old twins and her 8 year-old for a week. Let me show you how it happened:

Phone conversation:
Lisa (Sister#3): Hey, I’m going to watch Kristen’s twins while she goes to Europe, but I can’t do it by myself.  Could you fly out and help me? We could do all sort of fun stuff together.

Me (Baby in the Family): Yes. I am totally on board for a vacation to NC and playing with twins.
How I picture this going:
Phone Conversation:
Kristen (Sister#2): I don’t want to take my babies out of their home. Will you come hang out with me while the rest of my family is gone and help watch my twins?

Me: OK. I could fly to Maryland and hang out with you. Are you sure you don’t want to go to Europe?

Kristen: No, I don’t want to leave my babies.
What I am imagining next:
Phone Conversation:
Mom: You are going out to help Kristen? Why doesn’t she just go to Europe while you watch the kids? I’m going to convince her to go.

Me: Um….She said she didn’t want to leave the twins. (nervous voice:) But she should go! I know she wants to. I can handle the twins!

Message on my voicemail:
Hi this is Kristen. Are you sure you could handle the babies? I’m really thinking about going….

TEXT
From ME to KRISTEN: “OK, I’m up for it if you’re serious about flying me out”
What I am imagining now:
Phone Conversation: (same day 10 PM)
Me: So what did you decide?

Kristen: I bought my ticket I hope you were serious about coming! I’m leaving my 8 year old son too.
10:10 PM 
Terror and fear hit me. 

I turn to my husband sitting next to me-
Me: PLEASE COME WITH ME!

(I convinced Jacob to go with me for at at least part of the time)
 And that is how I ended up with these two troublemakers:
More shenanigans with the twins and fam to be posted tomorrow....

1 comment: